Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zucchini Pizza!

Last night I made a pretty yummy dinner that turned out fabulous! If you like zucchini, hamburger, and cheese you will love this! It is very family friendly for sure. I halfed the recipe since it is only Parker and I, but we gobbled up about 90% of it, and I just had the last 10% for lunch...which wasn't much at all...which means I'm still hungry. This also means that even for leftovers it's still good! So here's the recipe!




Zucchini Pizza Casserole

4 c. shredded, unpeeled zucchini

1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs

1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese

1 c. Cheddar Cheese (divided)

2 c. Mozzarella Cheese (divided)

1 lb. Hamburger

1/2 c. chopped onion

1 15oz. can Italian flavored tomato sauce

1/2 c. chopped green pepper (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400.

1. Place zucchini in a strainer on a plate, sprinkle with salt and let set for 10 minutes. Then, squeeze out as much water as you can.

2. Put zucchini in a bowl and add eggs, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Mix altogether.

3. Place in a well greased 9 x 13-inch pan. (This will be your crust)

4. Bake for 20 min.

5. Brown hamburger with 1/2 c. onions and add Italian flavored tomato sauce

6. Spread this mixture over the baked crust.

7. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. cheedar cheese, 1 c. mozzarella, and chopped green pepper.

8. Bake for 20 min. and enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!-We love zucchini,i'll have to try this recipe.
Super cute blog too. :)

Jake and Kate said...

How very domestic of you! Looks yummy, too bad I have picky man Jake for a hubby. Maybe i'll make a secret batch and eat it all myself. That's what I'll do! HAHA! I'm so sneaky...er..somethin... uh...way to make stuff! :P

chrisc said...

Hi,
I found this blog whilst researching Ulcerative Colitis for my siser who has had it for a few years or so. None of the medication seems to work. Is there any chance you could send me a short email on your experiences with the minerals and whether they actually work!
My address is ccattell@hotmail.com
Many thanks! :-)

Yatesfam said...

That looks really yummy! So good to see you tonight. We'll have to get together sometime. Give me a call! Love ya girl.